Pages

Wednesday 8 September 2010

The Great Purple Alpha-Bake...

So I mentioned previously that I had been inspired by Julie and Julia (recently read the book and watched the film) and had set myself a baking challenge...

To bake through the letters of the alphabet, a recipe a week for each letter.

I have trawled through recipe books and websites galore and one of the things I realised is that every recipe needs to have a photo. It is very hard to imagine something based on a list of ingredients and a name. I’ve also had to be creative with some of the names as finding desserts beginning with X etc… was pretty darn difficult.

So, here is my Alpha-Bake list:

  • Almond and Orange Cake
  • Banoffee Pie
  • Cherry & Apple Pies
  • Dark & White Chocolate Fondants
  • English Apple & Cinnamon Crumble Tart
  • Fresh Cream & Strawberry Victoria Sponge
  • Ginger Sticky Toffee Pudding
  • Homemade Toffee Apple Tart
  • Iced Cinnamon Buns
  • Jam Bakewell
  • Key Lime Pie
  • Lemon Meringue Cake
  • Macaroons
  • Nutty Hazlenut Frangipane
  • Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  • Passionfruit Roulade
  • Quince & Pear Puffed Pancake
  • Rose Cupcakes of course
  • Salted Caramel Tart
  • Tiramisu Layer Cake
  • Upside Down Pineapple Cake
  • Vanilla Ice-Cream cake
  • White Chocolate and Raspberry Brownies
  • Xaggerated Baked Cheesecake
  • Yule Log (Choc swiss roll)
  • Zalabia
So the challenge begins next friday (17th Sept). I shall post recipe details and photos (whether they are good or bad). All my friends who say they want to taste test can do so under the proviso that they leave a fabulous review :-)

Let the baking begin!!

Ohhh and while I was making my list I whipped up these beauties...

Lemon Meringue & Chocolate cupakes










Banana Cinnamon Pancakes










Sultana Scones




3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I shall be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be a very busy baking bee PS I have a big beauty giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17:33

    Yum, yum, yum! I'll DM you my address :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought of the post...