Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2010

I Don't Care!!



Today I had a convo with a friend that went something like this:

Him: Do u like my shorts?
Me: Not particularly
Him: Why not? What's wrong with them?
Me: I just don't like them
Him: Well I really like them
Me: That's good as they're yours
Him: Fine then, just so you know I hate those flowery shoes that you always wear
Me: Ok
Him: Actually I hate all your shoes
Me: That's fine, I like them and to be fair I don't care if you like them or not.
Him: Storms off muttering under his breath

What the hell!!!

Was I wrong to admit I didn't like his shorts? Should I just have said yes to placate him? But most of all... Why did he care so much?? He supposedly bought the shorts because he liked them, so why be so concerned with someone else's opinion?

Why do people always seek approval from others?

I am often told "don't like your shoes/top/hair etc..." Am I bothered?? Errr... Nah

I saw them, I liked them, I bought them, I done my hair (or not as the case often is) and I like it... And even more then all of that is the fact that I couldn't care any less than I actually do about what anybody else may or may not think. As long as I am happy with it and comfortable enough to wear it then it's a go.

I've been called eccentric, left, kooky, kitsch and a plethora of other terms that pretty much amount to me being slightly strange or weird, but i'm happy with me and in the long run that's all that matters isn't it??

Or am I wrong? Should I be seeking to please others with my hair, clothing, shoe choices??


1 comment:

  1. I'm of the opinion that if someone doesn't have anything nice to say then they shouldn't say anything at all - so nobody should be telling you they don't like our hair/clothes/shoes, tell them to back up and butt out.

    You like what you like, it's your style! Course you shouldn't change it! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought of the post...